A guide on how to cut and dice your celery:
- Place the celery stalk on it's 'flat" side so it doesn't roll while you slice
- Choose how you would like your celery prepared: thinly sliced, thinly sliced at an angle, sticks, or diced
- Thinly sliced is great for salads, sticks are perfect for dipping and snacks, and diced is wonderful for soups and stir-frys.
- For thinly sliced, position your knife perpendicular to the celery stalk and slice along the stalk about every 1/8 inch, keeping your knife perpendicular
- For thinly sliced at an angle, position your knife perpendicular to the celery stalk. Move the handle of the knife slightly right or left. Slice along the stalk about every 1/8 inch, keeping your knife at an angle to the stalk
- For sticks, place your knife perpendicular to the stalk and cut the stalk into several equal sections. Then position your knife lengthwise along one of the sections and cut it into thirds or quarters.
- To dice, first cut the celery into sticks. Then position your knife perpendicular to the sticks and slice about every 1/4 inch.
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER