1. Could you please share a little of your own history with us? How did you find yourself here? How did you discover your passion?
I started making my toffee, my own recipe, over twenty years ago solely as gifts at Christmas. In 2007 my husband and I were forced to close our cabinet company in Tallahassee, FL when the economy plummeted. With no employment opportunities available, I began making cupcakes and the toffee as income. Although both did well, my passion was with the toffee making. So in 2010, Miss Ginny's English Toffee, LLC was formed.
2. What is your favorite part about your job?
The favorite part of my job is seeing the reaction on the faces of those that try my toffee. It's almost one of complete surprise when they realize just how good it is. More often than not, I hear "this is THE best toffee I have ever eaten". This is how I measure my success, knowing I have succeeded in making the very best product I can. My passion for perfection is evident.
3. What is the most challenging part about your job?
I believe the most challenging aspect of my job is keeping up with the demand. I produce my product from start to finish. I am a perfectionist, therefore I'm very reluctant to hand any aspect of the toffee making over to anyone else.
5. What’s the most interesting or surprising lesson you’ve learned doing what you do?
I have learned that it is never too late to discover a passion and that it can happen when least expected. I can truly say that my passion and dream has been a blessing from above. That God has a plan for all of us, we just need to listen and have faith. Everything else will fall into place.
6. What's your favorite food?