|2 servings||calories per servings 600||protein serving 25 g||carbs per serving 82 g||total fat per serving 20 g|
This bright pasta salad combines the classic Italian trifecta of mozzarella cheese, juicy tomatoes and green basil that defines summer in the Island of Capri. In this recipe, both sun-dried and ripe tomatoes are used, and traditional pesto made by our friends at Alfresco Pasta in Nashville takes the place of fresh basil. It’s delicious served immediately, but it also works as a make-ahead dish that can be chilled for a picnic or cookout.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||82 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
Fill a saucepan half full with about 8 cups water. Stir in 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and place over high heat. This is your pasta cooking water.
MISE EN PLACE
• Cut mozzarella into bite-size pieces.
• Halve salad tomatoes.
• Slice olives.
• Pick and chop parsley leaves.
• Place sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl.
• When pasta water boils, pour about 1 cup water over dried tomatoes. Let soak.
• Return saucepan to high heat. Add pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender but not mushy, 7-9 minutes.
• Rinse pasta under cold water. Drain well.
Transfer pasta to a large bowl. Toss with pesto and vinegar.
• Drain dried tomatoes.
• To pasta fold in dried tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, salad tomatoes, half of parsley, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
• Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with kosher salt and black pepper. Divide pasta salad between 2 bowls.
• Garnish with remaining parsley, and enjoy!
Born in the USA, Sandra grew up in Latin America, where she learned about Latin American cuisine. In a career that spans more than two decades, food writer and instructor Sandra Gutierrez has taught thousands how to cook. Born in the United States, this bilingual, award-winning Latina author of four cookbooks is considered one of the top national experts on Latin American and Southern regional cuisines.Learn More...