|2 servings||calories per servings 770||protein serving 46 g||carbs per serving 46 g||total fat per serving 44 g|
A fried chicken breast with sweet and spicy honey sauce from the Sea Island resort in Georgia.This might just be the best fried chicken you’ve ever had. With a 10-minute buttermilk marinade and “honey money” sauce - a delectable blend of wildflower honey and blackening spices - already prepared for your convenience, it comes together in a snap… which is good news because you’ll be more than ready to dig in to this crispy-crunchy, sticky-sweet treat as soon as it hits the hot oil and the savory aroma of good ‘ol southern fried chicken fills your kitchen. We’ve provided plenty of extra sauce for serving, and any leftover is divine on homemade biscuits the next morning.
Adapted from Soul of the South, by Sarah Anschutz Hunt.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||44 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||46 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
• In a large bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, marinade spice blend and 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt.
• Add chicken. Let marinate 10 minutes.
• Spread seasoned flour on a plate.
• Dredge chicken in flour. Leave on plate.
• Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2-inch cooking oil.
• When oil is hot and shimmering, add chicken. Cook without disturbing until browned on bottom, 3-4 minutes.
• Flip chicken. Cook until browned on bottom and opaque throughout, 3-4 minutes.
Note: If you prefer, you may lightly brown chicken in oil, and finish in a 325° F oven.
Toss chicken in 1/4 cup Honey Money sauce.
• Divide chicken between 2 plates.
• Serve with remaining Honey Money sauce, and enjoy!