|2 servings||calories per servings 590||protein serving 35 g||carbs per serving 19 g||total fat per serving 42 g|
Sunday supper meets summertime flavors in this vibrant steak & salad dish. If the enticing smell of the fiery grill isn’t enough to make your mouth water, the aroma of caramelized onions and sautéed okra and tomatoes surely will. To make the salad dressing, you’ll toast walnuts, garlic and thinly sliced onion with several tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, and then combine that fragrant mixture with spicy mustard, cider vinegar and a pinch of sugar before tossing with crisp lettuce. After the final touch - a generous sprinkling of rich, crumbled bleu cheese - this simple yet robust dish is ready to enjoy among good friends, great wine, and a satisfying summer breeze.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||42 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Heat grill to medium-high heat, 350° to 400° F. You can also use a broiler or grill pan, if you prefer.
MISE EN PLACE
• Halve and thinly slice 1 onion. Cut other onion into 1/2-inch thick rounds.
• Cut or tear lettuce into bite-size pieces.
• Chop green tomato.
• Halve salad tomatoes lengthwise.
• Peel and mince garlic.
• Pick and chop basil and parsley leaves.
• Cut okra at an angle into 1-inch pieces.
• Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup olive oil. When oil is warm, add thinly sliced onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden, 3-4 minutes.
• Add walnuts and half of garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until walnuts begin to toast, 3-4 minutes.
• Transfer mixture to a bowl. Reserve skillet.
• Rub steaks with 2 teaspoons olive oil and steak seasoning.
• Brush thick onion slices with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
• Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add okra. Cook, stirring occasionally, until okra is golden-brown, about 6 minutes.
• Transfer okra to a large bowl.
• Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet. When oil is hot, add green tomato, salad tomatoes and remaining garlic. Cook, stirring, until tomato is tender, about 2 minutes.
• Add tomato mixture to okra.
• Toss with basil, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
• Add steak and thick onion slices to grill. Grill, covered, to desired doneness (about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare).
• Remove steak and onions from grill, and let rest 5 minutes.
• Slice steak against the grain.
• In a bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
• Whisk in walnut mixture.
• Toss lettuce with 1/4 cup dressing. Arrange on a serving platter.
• Top with onion, steak and bleu cheese. Drizzle with remaining dressing, and enjoy!
Named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for 2017, Cynthia shares her passion for her home state and its bountiful produce and products with her audiences across many platforms. She and her husband, Cliff, who owns the Old New York Book Shop, regularly travel to Book Festivals and host book store owners as well as authors on a regular basis in their Atlanta home. They have a full bar always at the ready.Learn More...