|2 servings||calories per servings 840||protein serving 44 g||carbs per serving 89 g||total fat per serving 38 g|
Warm weather and sunny days mean that picnic season is here and these fresh, fun sandwiches are ready to tag along on all your outdoor adventures. Whether you enjoy these on your back porch or to fuel a hiking expedition, all the components - including the homemade ranch dressing - need just around half an hour to prepare, so you can make it the night before your outing. Keeping the pita, the chicken and the veggie toppings in separate containers insures for a crisp sandwich, while the field pea salad on the side will enjoy the extra time to develop flavors.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||38 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||89 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
• Fill a small saucepan half full with about 4 cups water. Add field peas, and place over medium-high heat.
• When water boils, reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes. (Skim away any foam that comes to the top.)
MISE EN PLACE
• Halve tomato lengthwise. Dice 1 half; slice other half into thin wedges.
• Pick and chop parsley and oregano leaves.
• Slice 1 cup lettuce (save any extra for another use).
• Halve each pita round. Carefully open pocket.
• Chop green onion, keeping white and green parts separate.
• Cut each chicken breast into 6 strips.
Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and half of PeachDish Seasoning.
In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, 1 tablespoon olive oil, parsley, oregano and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with kosher salt and black pepper.
• Drain field peas. Transfer to a bowl.
• Fold in onion whites, 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, remaining PeachDish Seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Let cool about 5 minutes.
• Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add chicken in a single layer. Cook without disturbing until browned on bottom, 2-3 minutes.
• Flip chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque throughout, 1-2 minutes.
To field peas, stir in diced tomato. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with kosher salt.
• Warm pita as desired.
• Fill each pocket with chicken, lettuce, tomato wedges, onion greens and buttermilk ranch.
• Serve with field pea salad, and enjoy!
Seth worked with top chefs in New York and in Atlanta, and worked as the Program Director for a farm to school pilot program aimed at developing standards-based, hands-on garden and cooking curriculum for children from kindergarten to fifth grade. Seth also spent several years working as a farmers market chef in Atlanta. During this time, he established and developed connections between the market and local schools, after-school clubs, senior living facilities, and other community organizations. At these community connection posts, he shared his culinary knowledge and expertise, giving hands on cooking instruction as he explained how farmers markets can benefit an individual's health and community. In 2016, Chef Seth was named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for his commitment to locally grown food.Learn More...