|2 servings||calories per servings 720||protein serving 20 g||carbs per serving 92 g||total fat per serving 33 g|
While “A.T.L.” stands for the avocado, tempeh “bacon” and lettuce components of this plant-based sandwich, it’s also a fun nod toward our hometown of Atlanta. Georgia peaches fit the theme perfectly, and are a sweet treat to follow the savory main event. For those who are feeling trepidation about tempeh, the “bacon” version may be an attractive introduction to this versatile, fiber-rich protein; it’s smoky, savory and when tucked into a sandwich, nearly indistinguishable from the real deal!
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||92 g|
|Dietary Fiber||15 g|
MISE EN PLACE
• Pull 4-6 whole lettuce leaves; (save any remaining lettuce for another use).
• Cut 2-4 slices from the center of the tomato; (save any remaining tomato for another use).
• Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons cooking oil. When oil is hot, gently add tempeh strips in a single layer. Cook without disturbing until browned on bottom, 3-4 minutes.
• Carefully flip tempeh. Cook without disturbing until browned on other side, 2-3 minutes.
• Transfer tempeh to a plate.
While tempeh browns:
• Toast bread as desired.
• Spread each slice with mayonnaise.
Halve and pit avocado. Thinly slice fruit.
• Slice peaches as desired.
• Top bread with tempeh, lettuce, tomato and avocado. Sprinkle with Campfire salt to taste.
• Serve with peaches. Enjoy!
Chef Zu is a Holistic Nutritionist, Urban Agriculturalist & Plant Based Chef who focuses on providing "Health & Wellness" to less fortunate communities through facilitating programs based around culinary arts, agriculture and nutrition.Learn More...