|2 servings||calories per servings 460||protein serving 19 g||carbs per serving 35 g||total fat per serving 26 g|
More summery weather calls for more salad cravings, and this one satisfies with bold ingredients like spicy chorizo, crispy fried croutons, briny olives and tangy cotija cheese. The spicy greens have a distinct peppery bite that plays nicely with sweet roasted red peppers and a squeeze of lime juice. The dish comes together in just half an hour, so you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy it and warm evening outside before the sun goes down!
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||35 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
MISE EN PLACE
• Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes.
• Finely chop olives.
• Cut lime into wedges.
• Thinly slice red pepper.
• Discard any tough greens stems.
• Place a skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add chorizo. Cook, breaking up meat, until chorizo is browned, 4-5 minutes.
• Transfer chorizo to a large bowl.
Increase heat to medium-high. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil. When oil is hot, add bread. Cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp and lightly golden, 3-4 minutes.
While bread fries, toss chorizo with olives and Cotija.
• In a large bowl, toss spicy greens with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
• Divide arugula between 2 plates.
• Top greens with chorizo, red pepper and croutons.
• Serve with lime wedges, and enjoy!
Named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for 2017, Cynthia shares her passion for her home state and its bountiful produce and products with her audiences across many platforms. She and her husband, Cliff, who owns the Old New York Book Shop, regularly travel to Book Festivals and host book store owners as well as authors on a regular basis in their Atlanta home. They have a full bar always at the ready.Learn More...