|2 servings||calories per servings 630||protein serving 19 g||carbs per serving 102 g||total fat per serving 22 g|
Fair warning - this might become your new favorite sandwich filling. It’s quick and delicious, and hearty enough to make a meal. From a distance, it resembles chicken salad, but a closer look reveals that chickpeas play the role of protein in this plant-based sandwich. With flavorful seasonings and layers of avocado, crisp radish and lettuce folded into pita, you’re in for an easy and satisfying treat.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||102 g|
|Dietary Fiber||16 g|
MISE EN PLACE
• Rinse and drain chickpeas.
• Halve and pit avocado.
• Zest and halve lime. Juice 1 half. Cut remaining half into wedges.
• Thinly slice green onion.
• Halve any radish larger than 1 inch. Thinly slice.
• Halve pita. Gently open pockets.
• In a bowl, mash half of chickpeas.
• Add avocado, and mash well.
Fold in remaining chickpeas, leaving them whole.
Stir in mustard, mayonnaise, hot sauce, lime juice, lime zest, 1/4 teaspoon Campfire salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with Campfire salt.
• Tuck greens into pita pockets.
• Divide chickpea mixture and radish between each pocket.
• Top with green onion. Serve with lime wedges, and enjoy!
"I’ve been a cook and writer my whole life. I wrote my first original recipe and mailed it to a TV show when I was four years old. I was lucky enough to have been raised by one of those legendary Southern grandmothers who cooked with great skill and no recipes. Even when my cooking veered drastically away from Southern for a few years, she was always open to what I prepared and would taste anything."Learn More...