|2 servings||calories per servings 400||protein serving 7 g||carbs per serving 50 g||total fat per serving 19 g|
This is a traditional French-style recipe that features some of the best vegetables of the season. Thinly sliced potatoes, layered with oil and thyme, bake into a large flat disc that’s crispy on the edges and so tender in the middle. Topping it with savory glazed mushrooms makes it extra satisfying. The final marriage between root vegetables and mushrooms is classic and comforting, and a little bit of wine makes the two come together even more seamlessly.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||50 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
MISE EN PLACE
• Heat oven to 450° F.
• Discard mushroom stems. Thinly slice caps.
• Halve and peel onion. Mince 1 half (save remaining half for another use).
• Peel and slice garlic.
• Pick and mince parsley leaves.
• Pick and chop thyme leaves.
• Juice lemon.
• Grate carrot.
• Thinly slice potato.
Tip: Using a mandolin to slice potato will reduce your prep time and yield a crispier galette.
• Brush a small (about 9-inch) ovenproof skillet with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
• Add a layer of potato slices (you will not use all), overlapping each slice to create a petal formation.
• Brush potatoes with olive oil. Season with a little thyme, kosher salt and pepper.
• Layer remaining potato slices in the same manner.
Note: You will use a total of about 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and half of thyme.
• Place potato skillet over medium-high heat. When potatoes begin to sizzle, transfer skillet to oven.
• Bake 15 minutes.
• Place a sheet of parchment or foil over potatoes. Top with a heavy pie pan or ovenproof skillet.
• Bake until edges are golden and potatoes are tender, 10-12 minutes.
While galette bakes:
• In a bowl, toss carrot with lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
• Sprinkle with half of parsley.
• Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil. When oil is hot, add onion. Cook, stirring, until onion is tender, about 2 minutes.
• Add garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
• Add mushrooms and remaining thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
• Add 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Cook, stirring, until mushrooms are tender, 3-4 minutes.
• In a bowl, whisk together cornstarch and wine.
• Add to mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until liquid glazes mushrooms, 2-3 minutes.
• Remove mushrooms from heat. Stir in remaining parsley and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
• Cut galette into wedges.
• Divide wedges between 2 dinner plates. Top with mushrooms.
• Serve with carrot salad, and enjoy!
Born in the USA, Sandra grew up in Latin America, where she learned about Latin American cuisine. In a career that spans more than two decades, food writer and instructor Sandra Gutierrez has taught thousands how to cook. Born in the United States, this bilingual, award-winning Latina author of four cookbooks is considered one of the top national experts on Latin American and Southern regional cuisines.Learn More...