|2 servings||calories per servings 540||protein serving 46 g||carbs per serving 22 g||total fat per serving 31 g|
The wintry season may be coming to a close, but we won’t be passing up a bowl of rich, hearty comfort food anytime soon. Organic Prairie’s ground turkey gets an Italian-style flare with the help of garlic, fennel and other Italian spices. By mixing it with tomatoes and Parmesan, you create a meal that’s bold and inviting - especially when its savory aroma fills the kitchen. Kale is wilted into the mixture toward the end of cooking, which lends fiber and nutrients while giving the dish a pleasant contrast in color and texture.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
MISE EN PLACE
• Halve onion. Peel and chop 1 half (save remaining half for another use).
• Peel and mince garlic.
• Discard tough kale stems. Thinly slice leaves.
• Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil. When oil is hot, add onion. Cook, stirring, until onion begins to become tender, about 2 minutes.
• Stir in turkey. Cook, breaking up the meat, until cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
• Stir in garlic, Italian spice blend, fennel, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
• Stir in 1/2 cup water.
When mixture simmers, add tomato. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
Stir in kale. Cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is wilted, about 5 minutes.
• Top skillet with Parmesan cheese.
• Divide between 2 plates, and enjoy!
Named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for 2017, Cynthia shares her passion for her home state and its bountiful produce and products with her audiences across many platforms. She and her husband, Cliff, who owns the Old New York Book Shop, regularly travel to Book Festivals and host book store owners as well as authors on a regular basis in their Atlanta home. They have a full bar always at the ready.Learn More...