|2 servings||calories per servings 560||protein serving 29 g||carbs per serving 44 g||total fat per serving 31 g|
When the chilly winds and cool temperatures of winter persist, this creamy, hearty soup comes to the rescue. Grass-fed ground beef and mushrooms make the broth extra savory and a pleasant tang from the sour cream keeps it from being too heavy. Kale adds texture to the soup, and a much needed nutrient-boost for many of us during the cold weather season.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||44 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
MISE EN PLACE
• Peel and chop onion.
• Peel and chop garlic.
• Discard any tough mushroom stems. Slice caps.
• Discard tough kale stems. Cut or tear leaves into bite-size pieces.
• Slice bread as desired.
• Place a deep sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to become tender, 2-3 minutes.
• Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
Add beef and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Cook, breaking up meat, until beef is browned all over, 4-5 minutes.
While beef cooks:
• Drizzle bread with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
• Toast as desired.
Note: If you prefer to use a toaster, drizzle bread with oil after toasting.
• To beef, stir in bouillon cube and 2 1/2 cups water.
• Add kale. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until kale is tender, 4-5 minutes.
• Fold in 1/4 cup heavy cream (save remaining cream for another use) and sour cream. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
• Divide soup between 2 bowls, and enjoy!
Named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for 2017, Cynthia shares her passion for her home state and its bountiful produce and products with her audiences across many platforms. She and her husband, Cliff, who owns the Old New York Book Shop, regularly travel to Book Festivals and host book store owners as well as authors on a regular basis in their Atlanta home. They have a full bar always at the ready.Learn More...