|2 servings||calories per servings 440||protein serving 29 g||carbs per serving 47 g||total fat per serving 15 g|
This comforting bowl of goodness involves tender salmon simmering in an aromatic broth alongside chopped onion, celery, potatoes and briny capers. Dill lends a fresh Scandinavian touch, and the sour cream provides a bit of tang and body. Serve this in very large, deep bowls, and slurp away!
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||47 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
MISE EN PLACE
• Peel and dice onion.
• Peel and dice carrot.
• Peel and dice potato.
• Thinly slice celery.
• Peel and mince garlic.
• Pick and chop dill.
In a medium pot over medium heat, warm 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add onion, carrot, potato, celery and garlic. Sauté until tender, 8-10 minutes.
Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring well, 1 minute.
• Create 2 “nests” in the vegetables.
• Place salmon in the nests. Cover with about 3 cups water.
• Season with half of dill, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a simmer.
• Let simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add capers, and continue cooking until salmon is cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
• Serve in deep bowls and top with dollops of sour cream.
• Sprinkle with remaining dill, and enjoy!
Born in the USA, Sandra grew up in Latin America, where she learned about Latin American cuisine. In a career that spans more than two decades, food writer and instructor Sandra Gutierrez has taught thousands how to cook. Born in the United States, this bilingual, award-winning Latina author of four cookbooks is considered one of the top national experts on Latin American and Southern regional cuisines.Learn More...