|2 servings||calories per servings 520||protein serving 6 g||carbs per serving 43 g||total fat per serving 38 g|
With organic pumpkin puree, Georgia pecans and a made-from-scratch organic crust, you can serve a classic dessert the whole family will love. Pie Provisions provides organic dry ingredients with a no-fail recipe to make homemade pie crust that’s not only delicious, but also approachable. Lauren Bolden began Pie Bar, a retail pie bakery in downtown Woodstock, Georgia. Pie Provisions provides the tips and techniques for at-home bakers to make their own dough from scratch. A make-ahead dough gives you flexibility- you can prep in one go, or take your time with it! Serve each slice on its own, with a dollop of whipped cream, a dusting of powdered sugar or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||38 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||43 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
• At least 2 hours in advance (up to a day), make all-butter pie crust using Pie Provisions Pie Crust Mix and 8 ounces butter.
• Roll out one half, place in a pie pan. Reserve remaining half for another use.
• Heat oven to 350° F. Par-bake pie crust for 15 minutes.
• In a bowl, combine Filling Brown Sugar, flour, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and Pumpkin Pie Spice.
• In a large bowl, combine pumpkin and eggs.
• Add brown sugar mixture and evaporated milk to pumpkin mixture. Stir until combined.
• Pour pumpkin filling into par-baked pie crust.
• Bake for 50 minutes.
While Pie Bakes MAKE PRALINE:
• In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, toast pecans, stirring, 3-5 minutes. Transfer pecans to a bowl and let cool slightly.
• Melt 6 pats butter.
• To pecans, add butter, Praline Brown Sugar and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Mix well.
• After 50 minutes of baking, carefully remove pie from oven. The filling should still be slightly jiggly in the center.
• Using your hands, scatter the praline topping over the top of the pie.
• Return the pie to the oven for another 10 - 12 minutes.
• When the crust is golden brown and the filling is set, remove pie from oven.
• Allow pie to cool at least 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
•This pie will last in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Owner and pie maker, Lauren Bolden, began baking pies for family and friends when she was still just another bratty kid. Many years and lots of pies later, she began to pursue something that makes her happy - pie. Lauren's husband, Cody Bolden, joined the Pie Bar team and turned a hobby into a business. Pie Bar's first retail store is located in Downtown Woodstock, Georgia. If you are looking for a no-frills, simple approach to delicious pie, Pie Bar is your place. They specialize in making pies that look homemade (because they are) and taste even better. They are passionate about creating a pie that people love to eat and love to share. All of Lauren's pies are handcrafted and made with the most fresh and local ingredients as possible.Learn More...