|2 servings||calories per servings 520||protein serving 6 g||carbs per serving 43 g||total fat per serving 38 g|
With organic pumpkin puree, Georgia pecans and a made-from-scratch organic crust, you can serve a classic dessert the whole family will love. Pie Provisions provides organic dry ingredients with a no-fail recipe to make homemade pie crust that’s not only delicious, but also approachable. Lauren Bolden began Pie Bar, a retail pie bakery in downtown Woodstock, Georgia. Pie Provisions provides the tips and techniques for at-home bakers to make their own dough from scratch. A make-ahead dough gives you flexibility- you can prep in one go, or take your time with it! Serve each slice on its own, with a dollop of whipped cream, a dusting of powdered sugar or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Order by Sunday, 11/18 to get this kit delivered in time for Thanksgiving!
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||38 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||43 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
• At least 2 hours in advance (and up to 1 day), make pie dough following instructions in Pie Provisions crust kit. You will use 2 sticks butter and about 3/4 cup water.
• Heat oven to 350° F.
• Using all-purpose flour (in bag labeled For Rolling) as needed, roll out 1 pie dough disk (save remaining disk for another use). Place in a pie pan, trim away the excess, and crimp the edges.
• Bake pie crust 15 minutes (this is called par-baking). Cool completely.
While crust cools, make filling:
• In a bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar (in bag labeled For Filling), 1 tablespoon flour (in bag labeled For Filling), pumpkin pie spice and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
• In a large bowl, thoroughly combine pumpkin and eggs.
• Add brown sugar mixture and evaporated milk to pumpkin mixture. Stir until combined.
• Pour pumpkin filling into par-baked pie crust.
• Bake for 50 minutes.
While pie bakes, make praline:
• In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, toast pecans, stirring, until fragrant and lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, and let cool slightly.
• Melt remaining 6 pats butter.
• To pecans, add butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar (in bag labeled For Praline) and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Mix well.
• After 50 minutes of baking, carefully remove pie from oven. The filling should still be slightly jiggly in the center.
• Scatter the praline topping over pie, and return pie to oven.
• Bake until crust is golden brown and the filling is set, 10-12 minutes.
• Cool at least 15 minutes (and up to 2 hours at room temperature) before serving. Enjoy!
•This pie will last in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Owner and pie maker, Lauren Bolden, began baking pies for family and friends when she was still just another bratty kid. Many years and lots of pies later, she began to pursue something that makes her happy - pie. Lauren's husband, Cody Bolden, joined the Pie Bar team and turned a hobby into a business. Pie Bar's first retail store is located in Downtown Woodstock, Georgia. If you are looking for a no-frills, simple approach to delicious pie, Pie Bar is your place. They specialize in making pies that look homemade (because they are) and taste even better. They are passionate about creating a pie that people love to eat and love to share. All of Lauren's pies are handcrafted and made with the most fresh and local ingredients as possible.Learn More...