This meal kit contains everything you need for your Thanksgiving feast. This Organic Prairie turkey, from a farmer-owned co-op, is a delicious and flavorful bird that will feed 8-12 people with ease. Organic Prairie is a farmer-owned, organic co-op of 1800 farm families committed to providing healthy, wholesome, high quality meat and with respectful awareness of the interrelations of human, animal, plant, soil and global life.
These side dishes, featuring seasonal ingredients from our sustainable growers, cover all the classics – with a twist.
Your box will include ingredients to prepare each of the following dishes:
- Roast Turkey with Pan Gravy ships frozen and raw, but it will arrive to you with enough time to have it ready for your Thanksgiving Day celebration. Enjoy this turkey with an easy pan gravy.
- Roasted Vegetables features local root veggies whose natural sweetness shines when roasted. This dish pops when you add PeachDish Salt, a special savory blend made by Beautiful Briny Sea, a salt studio in Atlanta.
- Creamed Brussels Sprouts with Mustard & Shallots are roasted and tossed in a light cream sauce for a touch of tangy decadence.
- Candied Sweet Potatoes, cooked slowly in syrup, are adapted from a recipe in "Sweet Potatoes" by April McGreger, part of UNC Press' Savor the South cookbook series. The syrup gets its great depth of flavor from apple cider vinegar from Bragg, a health food producer committed to quality
- Pecan & Apple Dressing ("stuffing" goes in a bird; "dressing" is baked in a pan) captures the essence of true Southern heartiness. This great dressing recipe is nothing without great crusty bread; that's why we get the best, from Atlanta-based H&F Bread Company.
- I-Can't-Believe-Biscuits-Can-Be-This-Easy Cream Biscuits come out tender and fluffy in no time. Organic Valley, a farmer-owned, organic co-op in the midwest sets high standards for their premium products. Their velvety butter is a boon to these great biscuits! They are adapted from a recipe in "Biscuits" by Belinda Ellis, part of UNC Press’ Savor the South cookbook series.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
Please see recipe for Roast Turkey
Please see recipe for Pecan & Apple Dressing
Please see recipe for Candied Sweet Potatoes
Please see recipe for Creamed Brussels Sprouts with Mustard & Shallots
Please see recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables
Please see recipe for I-Can’t-Believe-Biscuits-Can-Be-This-Easy Cream Biscuits
Please see recipe for Turkey Pan Gravy
Have a very happy Thanksgiving!
Seth worked with top chefs in New York and in Atlanta, and worked as the Program Director for a farm to school pilot program aimed at developing standards-based, hands-on garden and cooking curriculum for children from kindergarten to fifth grade. Seth also spent several years working as a farmers market chef in Atlanta. During this time, he established and developed connections between the market and local schools, after-school clubs, senior living facilities, and other community organizations. At these community connection posts, he shared his culinary knowledge and expertise, giving hands on cooking instruction as he explained how farmers markets can benefit an individual's health and community. In 2016, Chef Seth was named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for his commitment to locally grown food.Learn More...