|2 servings||calories per servings 740||protein serving 44 g||carbs per serving 51 g||total fat per serving 44 g|
With a patty made with a blend of mushrooms and ground turkey, this burger is inspired by the James Beard Foundation Blended Burger Project, a contest held every summer that calls on chefs nationwide to invent a tasty burger made with mushrooms and meat, for the sake of sustainability and overall health. The juicy flavors in this burger hold true year round! Good technique and high-quality ground turkey ensure that the patty stays moist and flavorful, while mushrooms ring in for extra savoriness. Slather the buns with quick curry sauce, and you’re well on your way to burger bliss.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||44 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||51 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
MISE EN PLACE
• Halve onion; peel and finely chop enough for about 1/2 cup (save extra onion for another use).
• Discard any tough mushroom stems. Dice tender stems and caps.
• Pick and chop oregano leaves.
• Split buns.
• Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add half of measured onion. Cook, stirring, until onion begins to become tender, 1-2 minutes.
• Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until mushrooms are tender, 5-6 minutes.
• Transfer mushroom mixture to a large bowl to cool. Reserve pan.
In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, mustard, curry powder and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
• To mushrooms, add turkey, remaining measured onion, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
• Shape mixture into 2 patties, making them slightly thinner in the middle.
• Place pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add burgers. Cook without disturbing until browned on bottom and cooked about halfway up the sides, about 8 minutes.
• Flip burgers. Cook without disturbing until burgers are no longer pink in the center but still moist, about 6 minutes.
While burgers cook, toast buns as desired.
Dress most of greens as desired with Sweet Garlic dressing.
• Spread buns with curried mustard sauce.
• Assemble burgers with patties and reserved greens.
• Serve with salad, and enjoy!
Named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for 2017, Cynthia shares her passion for her home state and its bountiful produce and products with her audiences across many platforms. She and her husband, Cliff, who owns the Old New York Book Shop, regularly travel to Book Festivals and host book store owners as well as authors on a regular basis in their Atlanta home. They have a full bar always at the ready.Learn More...