|2 servings||calories per servings 510||protein serving 31 g||carbs per serving 54 g||total fat per serving 17 g|
Seasoned chicken breast is seared until tender and flavorful before it's topped with a tangy mix of blistered tomatoes and crisp green beans. A pan sauce of white wine and onion jam adds bold sweetness throughout the dish. This is pleasantly tempered by a bed of velvety mascarpone grits.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||54 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
MISE EN PLACE
• Trim beans. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
• Halve tomatoes lengthwise.
• Place a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 3 cups water and bouillon.
• When liquid simmers, whisk in grits. Cook, stirring, until mixture simmers.
• Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and cover pot.
While grits cook, season chicken on all sides with a total 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
• Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon cooking oil. When oil is hot, add chicken. Cook without disturbing until browned on bottom, 3-4 minutes.
• Flip, and cook until opaque throughout, 2-3 minutes.
• Transfer chicken to a plate.
• Add beans to chicken pan. Cook, stirring, until beans begin to soften and darken, 2-3 minutes.
• Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are tender, 4-5 minutes.
• Add wine. Stir to release any browned bits that may have collected on the bottom of the pan.
• Stir in onion jam. Return chicken to pan to coat in sauce.
• Remove pan from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons mascarpone. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
Uncover grits. Stir in remaining mascarpone cheese.
• Divide grits between 2 plates.
• Top with chicken, vegetables and sauce. Enjoy!
Named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for 2017, Cynthia shares her passion for her home state and its bountiful produce and products with her audiences across many platforms. She and her husband, Cliff, who owns the Old New York Book Shop, regularly travel to Book Festivals and host book store owners as well as authors on a regular basis in their Atlanta home. They have a full bar always at the ready.Learn More...