|2 servings||calories per servings 580||protein serving 35 g||carbs per serving 67 g||total fat per serving 19 g|
Spiked with a savory combo of ginger, garlic and tamari, this superfood-packed recipe is quick, delicious way to prepare colorful veggies and juicy chicken for a meal that’ll satisfy everyone at the dinner table. Whole grain brown basmati provides a nutty base for sweet & savory seasoned vegetables, while strips of seared chicken breast add an extra layer of lean protein to complete the dish.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||67 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
• Place a small saucepan over high heat. Add rice, 1 3/4 cups water and bouillon cube.
• When water boils, reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender, about 40 minutes.
• Remove from heat, leaving covered until ready to serve.
MISE EN PLACE
• Thinly slice carrot at an angle.
• Halve bok choy lengthwise; cut into bite-size pieces, keeping stems and leaves separate.
• Peel and mince garlic.
• Peel and mince ginger.
• Thinly slice chicken.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sesame oil and tamari.
• Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
• Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon cooking oil. When oil is hot, add chicken. Cook, stirring, until chicken is opaque throughout, 4-5 minutes.
• Transfer chicken to a plate.
• To skillet, add 1 teaspoon cooking oil. Toss in carrots and bok choy stems. Cook, stirring, until stems are tender, about 3 minutes.
• Add bok choy leaves, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, until leaves are wilted, 2-3 minutes.
Stir in chicken and tamari mixture.
• Fluff rice with fork. Divide between 2 bowls.
• Top with chicken and vegetables. Enjoy!
Named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for 2017, Cynthia shares her passion for her home state and its bountiful produce and products with her audiences across many platforms. She and her husband, Cliff, who owns the Old New York Book Shop, regularly travel to Book Festivals and host book store owners as well as authors on a regular basis in their Atlanta home. They have a full bar always at the ready.Learn More...