|2 servings||calories per servings 570||protein serving 37 g||carbs per serving 70 g||total fat per serving 19 g|
This recipe enhances the buttery goodness of a classic risotto with succulent wild-caught Gulf shrimp and tender, oven-roasted okra, which has a unique texture that naturally gives the dish an extra richness. Just finish with fresh parsley and a spritz of lemon, and enjoy!
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||70 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
• Heat oven to 425° F.
• Place a small saucepan over high heat. Add bouillon cube and 3 1/2 cups water.
• When water boils, stir to dissolve bouillon. Reduce heat to low.
MISE EN PLACE
• Thinly slice okra at an angle.
• Peel and mince shallot.
• Halve lemon. Juice 1 half; cut remaining half into wedges.
• Pick and chop parsley leaves.
• On a baking sheet, toss okra with 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
• Spread in a single layer. Roast, stirring once, until lightly browned and crisp, about 15 minutes.
While okra roasts:
• Place a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add shallot. Cook, stirring, until shallot is translucent, about 2 minutes.
• Add rice. Cook, stirring, until rice looks glassy, about 1 minute.
• Stir in wine. Reduce heat to low.
• Stir 1/2 cup broth into rice. Simmer, stirring, until rice absorbs the liquid.
• Add broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until absorbed. Repeat until just 1/2 cup broth remains.
• Add remaining 1/2 cup broth to rice.
• Stir in okra, butter and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
• Stir in shrimp. Cover, and let cook 2-3 minutes.
• Uncover pan. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Cover, and cook 2 minutes.
• Stir in Parmesan.
• Divide risotto between 2 bowls.
• Serve with lemon wedges, and enjoy!
Named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for 2017, Cynthia shares her passion for her home state and its bountiful produce and products with her audiences across many platforms. She and her husband, Cliff, who owns the Old New York Book Shop, regularly travel to Book Festivals and host book store owners as well as authors on a regular basis in their Atlanta home. They have a full bar always at the ready.Learn More...