|2 servings||calories per servings 660||protein serving 26 g||carbs per serving 91 g||total fat per serving 23 g|
Quinoa and edamame build the protein-packed base of this bowl, while a colorful combo of sweet peaches, plucky dried currants, spicy greens and crunchy pepitas add in many fun textures and flavors. Peaches (obviously one of our seasonal favorites!) are at the peak of their season, and while we think they’re perfect on their own, they play a stunning role in this delectable vegetarian dinner.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||91 g|
|Dietary Fiber||16 g|
MISE EN PLACE
• Thinly slice green onion, keeping white and green parts separate.
• Halves peaches. Discard pits, and dice flesh.
• Discard any tough greens stems.
• Place a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add onion whites. Cook, stirring, until onion becomes fragrant, about 1 minute.
• Add quinoa. Cook, stirring, until quinoa begins to smell nutty, 1-2 minutes.
• Stir in bouillon cube and 1 1/2 cups water. Increase heat to high.
• When mixture boils, reduce heat. Cover pan, and simmer until quinoa is tender and liquid is fully absorbed, 15-16 minutes.
While quinoa cooks:
• In a large bowl, whisk together pomegranate juice, honey, 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
• Toss in peaches and greens.
• Transfer quinoa to a large bowl, and stir to release steam.
• Fold in edamame, currants, pepitas and onion greens.
• Divide quinoa between 2 bowls. Top with microgreens.
• Serve with salad, and enjoy!
Nancie McDermott is a cookbook author and cooking teacher fascinated by the people, stories, and places behind the food. A NC native and graduate of UNC Chapel Hill, she loves exploring the history, culture, and distinctions within the regional cuisines of the American South. Nancie is a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals, Les Dames d’Escoffier, Association of Food Journalists, and the Southern Foodways Alliance, and lives with her family in Chapel Hill NC.Learn More...