|2 servings||calories per servings 450||protein serving 25 g||carbs per serving 40 g||total fat per serving 22 g|
This one pan meal combines wild-caught Alaskan cod with seasonal vegetables for a near-effortless dinner that’s ready in a snap. Yukon Gold potatoes, a cross between the standard North American white potato and a wild South African yellow variety, are a superb choice for roasting alongside a springtime favorite, asparagus. It’s all topped with an Italian-style salsa verde: that is, a spoonful of extra-virgin olive oil infused with bright green, fragrant herbs.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
• Heat oven to 425° F.
• Grease or line a baking sheet.
MISE EN PLACE
• Slice potato.
• Pick and finely chop parsley leaves.
• Peel and finely chop garlic.
• Discard tough asparagus ends; cut tender spears into 3-inch lengths.
• Toss potato with 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
• Spread in a single layer. Roast in oven 15 minutes.
While potatoes roast, in a bowl combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, parsley, garlic, Italian herb blend, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. This is your salsa verde.
• Toss asparagus with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
• Season cod on all sides with a total 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
When potatoes have roasted 15 minutes:
• Scatter asparagus over potatoes. Top with cod.
• Roast in oven until vegetables are tender and cod is flaky and opaque throughout, about 10 minutes.
• Divide vegetables and cod between 2 plates.
• Top with salsa verde, and enjoy!
"I’ve been a cook and writer my whole life. I wrote my first original recipe and mailed it to a TV show when I was four years old. I was lucky enough to have been raised by one of those legendary Southern grandmothers who cooked with great skill and no recipes. Even when my cooking veered drastically away from Southern for a few years, she was always open to what I prepared and would taste anything."Learn More...