|2 servings||calories per servings 1060||protein serving 55 g||carbs per serving 58 g||total fat per serving 70 g|
Whether it’s a romantic night in for two or a special celebration dinner, nothing beats a juicy, seared filet mignon, especially when it’s resting on a bed of pasta tossed with earthy mushrooms and a cream sauce. Brined green peppercorns lend all the snappy flavor of coarse black pepper but with less heat – and no pepper grinder required.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||70 g|
|Saturated Fat||35 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||58 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
• Place a saucepan over high heat. Fill half full with about 6 cups water. Add 1 teaspoon kosher salt. This is your pasta cooking water.
• Season filets on all sides with a total 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
MISE EN PLACE
• Peel and mince shallot.
• Discard tough mushroom stems. Roughly chop caps.
• Rinse and drain peppercorns.
• When water boils, stir in pasta. Cook until tender but not mushy, about 8 minutes.
• Drain pasta, and return to pot to keep warm.
While pasta cooks:
• Place a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon cooking oil. When oil is hot, add filets. Cook, undisturbed, until well-browned on bottom, about 3 minutes.
• Turn, and cook 2-3 minutes more. For rare to medium-rare, roll briefly on remaining sides. (For medium, cook 2-3 minutes total on the sides. For medium-well, cook 5-6 minutes total on the sides.)
• Transfer filets to a plate to rest.
Add to pan 1 teaspoon cooking oil. Add shallot. Cook, stirring, until translucent, about 1 minute.
Reduce heat to medium. Add mushrooms, peppercorns and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, 4-5 minutes.
While mushrooms cook:
• Place a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add cream.
• When cream simmers, add bouillon cube. Stir and mash to fully incorporate bouillon with cream.
• Pour over mushroom mixture. Keep warm over very low heat.
In a bowl, drizzle salad greens with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and season with 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
• Divide pasta between 2 plates.
• Thinly slice filets against the grain. Fan over pasta.
• Spoon mushroom cream sauce over pasta and steak.
• Serve with salad, and enjoy!
Named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for 2017, Cynthia shares her passion for her home state and its bountiful produce and products with her audiences across many platforms. She and her husband, Cliff, who owns the Old New York Book Shop, regularly travel to Book Festivals and host book store owners as well as authors on a regular basis in their Atlanta home. They have a full bar always at the ready.Learn More...