|2 servings||calories per servings 590||protein serving 25 g||carbs per serving 71 g||total fat per serving 23 g|
Sole, a sweet, delicate white fish, is seasoned, seared and carefully laid upon a bed of greens, barley and radishes before being topped up with a spoonful of lemony buttered shallots. With a final scattering of fresh parsley, the vibrant radishes resemble Easter Eggs peeking through the grass, imparting this colorful springtime meal with whimsy and life. It’s fair to say, this dish has a lot of “sole.”
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||71 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|
• Heat oven to 425° F.
• Peel and crush garlic.
• Place a small saucepan with a lid over high heat. Add barley, garlic, 1 3/4 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
• When liquid boils, reduce heat and cover saucepan.
• Simmer until barley is tender but not mushy, 12-15 minutes.
• Drain off any excess liquid. Leave off heat, covered to keep warm.
MISE EN PLACE
• Cut radish crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
• Halve lemon, and juice 1 half (save other half for another use.)
• Peel and mince shallot.
• Cut or tear greens into bite-size pieces.
• Pick and chop parsley leaves.
• On a baking sheet, toss radishes with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
• Spread in a single layer. Roast in oven 10 minutes.
• Stir radishes. Return to oven, and roast until radishes are softened and mottled brown, about 10 minutes more.
While radishes roast, season fish on all sides with a total 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
• Set 2 dinner plates by stove.
• Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add fish. Cook until lightly brown on first side and opaque halfway up, 1-2 minutes.
• Carefully flip fillets. Cook until just opaque throughout, about 1 minute.
• Transfer fish to plates.
• Return skillet to heat. Add cooking wine, lemon juice and shallot. Cook, stirring, until liquid is mostly gone.
• Add 2 pats butter. Cook, whisking, until melted.
• Spoon buttered shallots over fish.
• Add remaining 2 pats butter to skillet.
• When butter foams and starts to brown, add radishes and barley. Mash garlic, and continue stirring to coat barley and radishes with browned butter.
• Add greens and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until greens wilt, about 1 minute. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with PeachDish Salt.
Divide barley mixture between fish plates. Sprinkle with parsley, and enjoy!
Named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for 2017, Cynthia shares her passion for her home state and its bountiful produce and products with her audiences across many platforms. She and her husband, Cliff, who owns the Old New York Book Shop, regularly travel to Book Festivals and host book store owners as well as authors on a regular basis in their Atlanta home. They have a full bar always at the ready.Learn More...