|2 servings||calories per servings 590||protein serving 38 g||carbs per serving 72 g||total fat per serving 18 g|
This chicken-and-rice dish is anything but ordinary with the bright and bold additions of lemon and fennel. Paired with a simple salad of arugula and feta cheese, this meal is ready in around half an hour for an easy but elegant weeknight dinner.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||72 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
• Place a small saucepan over high heat. Add rice, 1 1/2 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
• When water boils, reduce heat to medium-low. Cover, and cook until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
• Remove from heat. Set aside, covered, until ready to serve.
MISE EN PLACE
• Peel and mince shallot.
• Halve fennel lengthwise. Cut away core. Thinly slice crosswise.
• Thinly slice 1 lemon. Halve and juice remaining lemon.
Season chicken on all sides with a total 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
• Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add chicken. Cook without disturbing until browned on bottom, 3-4 minutes.
• Flip, and cook until opaque throughout, 2-3 minutes.
• Transfer chicken to a plate.
• Reduce heat to medium. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add shallot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shallot is translucent and slightly browned, about 2 minutes.
• Add sliced fennel. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fennel wilts, about 2 minutes.
• Add half of lemon juice. Scrape up any browned bits left in the pan.
• Sprinkle with ground fennel.
• Return chicken and any resting juices to pan.
• Add 1 1/4 cups water, bouillon and mustard. For extra lemon flavor, top with lemon slices. Reduce heat to low. Cover, and cook until fennel is tender, about 15 minutes.
• Season to taste with remaining lemon juice and PeachDish Salt.
In a large bowl, toss salad greens with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, feta and 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
• Fluff rice with a fork; divide between 2 plates.
• Top rice with chicken and fennel, and some broth.
• Serve with salad on the side, and enjoy!
Named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for 2017, Cynthia shares her passion for her home state and its bountiful produce and products with her audiences across many platforms. She and her husband, Cliff, who owns the Old New York Book Shop, regularly travel to Book Festivals and host book store owners as well as authors on a regular basis in their Atlanta home. They have a full bar always at the ready.Learn More...