|2 servings||calories per servings 640||protein serving 30 g||carbs per serving 75 g||total fat per serving 23 g|
This Asian-inspired dish comes alive with two bold sauces from Atlanta-based Chinese Southern Belle: one sweet ‘n spicy number that’s made with peaches and ginger, and another made with sesame and pineapple that has a BBQ-meets-teriyaki vibe. The wraps are made light and portable with crispy lettuce cups, and finished with crushed peanuts for a delightful crunch in each bite. A simple side of long-grain rice on the side ensures that everyone’s appetite is satisfied.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||75 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
• Place a small saucepan over high heat. Add rice, 1 1/2 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
• When water boils, reduce heat to medium-low. Cover, and cook until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
• Remove from heat. Set aside, covered, until ready to serve.
MISE EN PLACE
• Peel, halve and thinly slice onion.
• Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
• Separate lettuce leaves, keeping them whole.
Place a large pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon cooking oil. When oil is hot, add beef in 1/2-inch pieces. Cook without disturbing until browned on bottom, 2-3 minutes.
Add onion. Cook, stirring, until beef is browned all over, 3-4 minutes.
Stir in My Sweet Hottie sauce. Cook, stirring, until almost all liquid is gone, about 1 minute.
• Remove pan from heat. Stir in cilantro.
• Transfer to a bowl.
• Arrange beef, lettuce leaves, Wild Wild East sauce and peanuts as desired.
• Serve rice on the side.
• To assemble wraps, spoon a small scoop of beef mixture in each lettuce leaf.
• Drizzle with Wild Wild East sauce, and garnish with peanuts. Wrap, and enjoy!
Chinese Southern Belle is no ordinary company. Since 2009, Natalie Keng, and her mother, Margaret Keng, have showcased authentic home-chef traditions and Southern goodness through popular, custom culinary events and in their award-winning sauce line. The company mission goes beyond simply eating or cooking. Chinese Southern Belle's mission is to connect food, culture & diversity through a wide range of offerings. Priorities include supporting local food initiatives, farmers markets, fellow local, woman and/or minority-owned businesses, and community nonprofit organizations, like Farm to Wok, Farm to School programs.Learn More...