|2 servings||calories per servings 510||protein serving 35 g||carbs per serving 54 g||total fat per serving 16 g|
An uncomplicated gravy is enhanced with seared mushrooms and wilted spinach, taking your go-to weeknight supper of chicken and grits to a whole new level. While garlic and onion play their usual role in building a bold foundation of flavor, the simple addition Bragg Liquid Aminos makes the sauce extra-savory in a snap. This uncomplicated meal comes together in about 45 minutes—perfect for busy weeknights.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||54 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
• Place a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 1/4 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
• When liquid simmers, whisk in grits. Cook, stirring, until mixture simmers.
• Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until grits are tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, and cover pan.
MISE EN PLACE
• Peel and thinly slice onion.
• Peel and mince garlic.
• Discard mushroom stems. Thinly slice caps.
• Discard any tough spinach stems. Cut or tear leaves into bite-size pieces.
Season chicken on all sides with a total 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
• Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon cooking oil. When oil is hot, add chicken. Cook without disturbing until browned on bottom, 3-4 minutes.
• Flip, and cook until chicken is opaque throughout and browned on bottom, 2-3 minutes.
• Transfer chicken to a plate.
Reduce heat under skillet to medium. Add 1 teaspoon cooking oil. When oil is hot, add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until onion begins to become translucent, 2-3 minutes.
Add mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt. Cook, stirring, until mushrooms are tender, 5-6 minutes.
• Reduce heat to low. Stir in flour.
• Add spinach, liquid aminos and 1/2 cup water. Cook, stirring, until spinach is wilted, 3-4 minutes.
• Return chicken and resting juices to pan.
• Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with PeachDish Salt. Adjust consistency as desired with a little water.
• Stir butter into grits. Adjust consistency as desired with a little hot water.
• Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with kosher salt and pepper.
• Divide chicken and vegetables between 2 plates.
• Serve with grits, and enjoy!
Seth worked with top chefs in New York and in Atlanta, and worked as the Program Director for a farm to school pilot program aimed at developing standards-based, hands-on garden and cooking curriculum for children from kindergarten to fifth grade. Seth also spent several years working as a farmers market chef in Atlanta. During this time, he established and developed connections between the market and local schools, after-school clubs, senior living facilities, and other community organizations. At these community connection posts, he shared his culinary knowledge and expertise, giving hands on cooking instruction as he explained how farmers markets can benefit an individual's health and community. In 2016, Chef Seth was named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for his commitment to locally grown food.Learn More...