|2 servings||calories per servings 410||protein serving 13 g||carbs per serving 52 g||total fat per serving 17 g|
Celebrate your special person with three romantic courses that come together quickly but are made for lingering enjoyment. Start the evening off with rich and creamy Green Hill cheese from Georgia’s famous Sweet Grass Dairy.
Cozy up to your sweetheart with this vegetarian take on classic stroganoff. Earthy mushrooms and rich egg noodles bathe in a tangy sour cream sauce, while poppy seeds spark the palate with every forkful.
Kathleen McDaniel's Flourless Chocolate Cake is likely to get you giggling with your date as you shake your jar of cream to a dense whip. The cinnamon-spiced cream, along with chocolate shavings, enhance a velvety and decadent cake.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||52 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Make and enjoy Sweet Grass Dairy Green Hill Cheese with Elderberry Jelly.
Fill a saucepan half full with about 6 cups water. Stir in 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and place over high heat. This is your noodle cooking water.
MISE EN PLACE
• Discard tough mushroom stems. Thinly slice caps.
• Peel, halve and thinly slice shallots.
• Thinly slice chives.
• Pick and chop parsley leaves.
• When water boils, add noodles. Cook, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender but not mushy, 6-8 minutes.
• Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
• Drain noodles.
While noodles cook:
• Place a large sauté pan over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons cooking oil. When oil is hot, add mushrooms. Cook without disturbing until golden on bottom, about 3 minutes.
• Stir mushrooms. Cook without disturbing until golden on other side, 3-4 minutes.
• Add shallot. Cook, stirring, until shallot begins to become translucent, 2-3 minutes.
• Reduce heat to medium. Add noodles, butter, poppy seeds, nutmeg and reserved cooking liquid. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most liquid has evaporated.
• Remove pan from heat. Fold in sour cream, chives and parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with kosher salt and black pepper.
• Adjust sauce consistency as desired with water.
• Divide between 2 bowls, and enjoy!
Make and enjoy Kathleen McDaniel’s Flourless Chocolate Cake with Cinnamon-Spiced Whipped Cream.
With a degree in Journalism from the University of South Carolina, Robert Lupo has worked in restaurant kitchens from his hometown of Columbia, SC, to Atlanta, GA, including Motor Supply Company, The Globe in Tech Square, Eclipse di Sol, Aria, Brick Store Pub, and Leon’s Full Service. In 2012, he founded the vegetarian Sherrywood Supper Club in Atlanta, where he lives with his wife. Lupo currently works for the Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School, on the Nutrition staff.Learn More...