|2 servings||calories per servings 880||protein serving 58 g||carbs per serving 46 g||total fat per serving 50 g|
Celebrate your special person with three romantic courses that come together quickly but are made for lingering enjoyment. Start the evening off with rich and creamy Green Hill cheese from Georgia’s famous Sweet Grass Dairy.
In the words of author Alan Wolfelt, "Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate." With this perfectly marbled, properly-aged, Georgia Grown filet mignon, velvety mashed potatoes and a crisp green salad, there’s no reason why Date Night can’t be a romantic evening in.
Kathleen McDaniel's Flourless Chocolate Cake is likely to get you giggling with your date as you shake your jar of cream to a dense whip. The cinnamon-spiced cream, along with chocolate shavings, enhance a velvety and decadent cake.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||50 g|
|Saturated Fat||18 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||46 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Make and enjoy Sweet Grass Dairy Green Hill Cheese with Elderberry Jelly.
MISE EN PLACE
• Peel potato. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
• Crush and peel garlic.
• Peel and mince shallot. Measure 1 tablespoon (save any remaining shallot for another use).
Season filets on all sides with a total 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
• Place a saucepan over high heat. Add potato, garlic, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and enough water to cover. Cover pot.
• When water boils, reduce heat. Simmer until potatoes are so tender they come apart when prodded with a fork, 10-12 minutes.
While potato cooks, in a large bowl, whisk together shallot, sugar, 3 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
• Place a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons cooking oil. When oil is hot, add filets. Cook without disturbing until steak is well-browned on bottom, about 2 minutes.
• Flip steak. Cook until browned on other side, 1-2 minutes. For rare-medium rare, roll filets briefly on all remaining sides. (For medium, cook 2-3 minutes total on the sides. For medium well, cook 4-6 minutes total on the sides.)
• Transfer to a plate to rest.
• Reserve 1/2 cup potato cooking liquid.
• Drain potatoes. Transfer to a bowl, and mash thoroughly.
• Fold in butter. Adjust consistency as desired with reserved cooking liquid. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
• Toss arugula and Parmesan in dressing.
• Serve filet with mashed potatoes and salad. Enjoy!
Seth worked with top chefs in New York and in Atlanta, and worked as the Program Director for a farm to school pilot program aimed at developing standards-based, hands-on garden and cooking curriculum for children from kindergarten to fifth grade. Seth also spent several years working as a farmers market chef in Atlanta. During this time, he established and developed connections between the market and local schools, after-school clubs, senior living facilities, and other community organizations. At these community connection posts, he shared his culinary knowledge and expertise, giving hands on cooking instruction as he explained how farmers markets can benefit an individual's health and community. In 2016, Chef Seth was named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for his commitment to locally grown food.Learn More...