|2 servings||calories per servings 560||protein serving 29 g||carbs per serving 64 g||total fat per serving 21 g|
Celebrate your special person with three romantic courses that come together quickly but are made for lingering enjoyment. Start the evening off with rich and creamy Green Hill cheese from Georgia’s famous Sweet Grass Dairy.
Spicy foods are an aphrodisiac, and this dish will have you and your sweetheart feeling the heat. Rich coconut milk mellows the heat from the curry, which is further balanced by crisp bok choy and mild, wild-caught cod. The fish, vegetables and flavorful broth are spooned over fluffy, fragrant jasmine rice.
Kathleen McDaniel's Flourless Chocolate Cake is likely to get you giggling with your date as you each shake your own jar of cream to a dense whip. The cinnamon-spiced cream, along with chocolate shavings, enhance a velvety and decadent cake.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||64 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Make and enjoy Sweet Grass Dairy Green Hill Cheese with Elderberry Jelly.
MISE EN PLACE
• Halve and peel onion. Thinly slice 1 cup (save any extra for another use).
• Halve bok choy lengthwise, and rinse well. Cut crosswise into bite-size pieces.
• Cut cod into 2 equal pieces.
• Season with a total 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt.
• Place a small saucepan over high heat. Add 1 1/2 cups water.
• When water boils, stir in 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt and rice. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until water is fully absorbed, 15 minutes.
• Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, about 10 minutes.
Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon cooking oil. When oil is hot, add onion. Cook, stirring, until onion starts to become translucent, about 2 minutes.
• Reduce heat to low. Add coconut milk. Fill coconut milk can with water (it will hold 2/3 cup), and add liquid to pan.
• Stir in tamari and curry paste (full amount will yield a spicy dish; use less if you prefer).
• Increase heat to medium. When liquid simmers, stir in bok choy.
• Create 2 small “nests” for fish. Add cod pieces, gently pressing down to submerge them as much as possible.
• When liquid simmers, cover and cook until fish is firm and opaque most of the way through, 5-8 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
• Fluff butter into rice with a fork. Taste rice, and adjust seasoning as desired.
• Spoon rice onto 2 plates, and top with cod curry. Enjoy!
Make and enjoy Kathleen McDaniel’s Flourless Chocolate Cake with Cinnamon-Spiced Whipped Cream.
Seth worked with top chefs in New York and in Atlanta, and worked as the Program Director for a farm to school pilot program aimed at developing standards-based, hands-on garden and cooking curriculum for children from kindergarten to fifth grade. Seth also spent several years working as a farmers market chef in Atlanta. During this time, he established and developed connections between the market and local schools, after-school clubs, senior living facilities, and other community organizations. At these community connection posts, he shared his culinary knowledge and expertise, giving hands on cooking instruction as he explained how farmers markets can benefit an individual's health and community. In 2016, Chef Seth was named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for his commitment to locally grown food.Learn More...