|2 servings||calories per servings 670||protein serving 7 g||carbs per serving 48 g||total fat per serving 52 g|
Love is in the air… or, at least, the velvety aroma of rich chocolate is in the air. Velvety and decadent, this dense chocolate cake is elevated with homemade cinnamon-spiced whipped cream and delicate chocolate shavings.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||52 g|
|Saturated Fat||28 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||48 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
• Heat oven to 300° F.
• Return cream to refrigerator to keep cold.
• In a small saucepan over low heat, combine butter and granulated sugar. Cook, stirring, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved, 3-4 minutes.
Remove pan from heat. Fold in chocolate chips.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg and vanilla sugar.
TEMPER EGGS INTO CHOCOLATE
• Fold about 2 tablespoons melted chocolate into egg mixture. Mix together until blended.
• Add egg mixture to melted chocolate mixture. Gently combine.
• Grease included baking pans with a total 1/4 teaspoon cooking oil. Place on a baking sheet.
• Divide cake batter between pans.
Bake until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 25-35 minutes.
While cakes bake:
• Remove about half of cream from bottle. Save for another use.
• To cream bottle, add spiced cinnamon sugar. Shake vigorously. You should hear and feel cream sloshing back and forth as you shake.
In 2-5 minutes, when the sound and feel changes and there is less sloshing, open the bottle to check the whip. It should be a softly whipped cream, about the texture of yogurt.
Note: If desired, you can transfer whipped cream to a bowl and whisk to a firmer consistency.
• Unmold cakes onto 2 plates.
• Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
Kathleen McDaniel is the executive pastry chef for the Indigo Road restaurant group in Alpharetta, Georgia. She prepared dessert for the Georgia Grown Dinner in the James Beard House in NYC in the summer of 2016. Before her work with Indigo Road, Kathleen was the pastry chef at Murphy's in Atlanta.Learn More...