|2 servings||calories per servings 510||protein serving 39 g||carbs per serving 53 g||total fat per serving 17 g|
Pasta made with whole wheat flour adds a nutty element that is especially inviting in the winter. Mild, comforting chicken is enhanced with a bold burst of kale and crushed red pepper – a classic Italian combination – as well as a sprinkling of pecorino Romano cheese, a satisfyingly salty sheep’s milk cheese from Italy.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||53 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|
Fill a medium saucepan about 2/3 full with 6 cups water, and stir in 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Place over high heat.
MISE EN PLACE
• Remove and finely chop kale stems. Thinly slice leaves.
• Peel, halve and thinly slice shallot.
• Peel and mince garlic.
• Pick and chop parsley leaves.
• Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
• When water is boiling, add pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, 7-8 minutes.
• Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water.
• Drain pasta.
•Place a large skillet over high heat, and add 2 teaspoons cooking oil. When oil is hot, add chicken. Cook without disturbing, 3 minutes.
• Stir in kale stems, shallot, garlic, pepper flakes and 1/4 teaspoon PeachDish Salt. Decrease heat to medium, and cook until shallot turns translucent, 3-4 minutes.
• Add reserved pasta cooking liquid and Bragg Liquid Aminos, and scrape pan to release any stuck food.
• Add kale leaves, and cook 2 minutes more.
• Stir in pasta and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
• Divide between 2 plates.
• Top with parsley and Romano. Enjoy!
With a degree in Journalism from the University of South Carolina, Robert Lupo has worked in restaurant kitchens from his hometown of Columbia, SC, to Atlanta, GA, including Motor Supply Company, The Globe in Tech Square, Eclipse di Sol, Aria, Brick Store Pub, and Leon’s Full Service. In 2012, he founded the vegetarian Sherrywood Supper Club in Atlanta, where he lives with his wife. Lupo currently works for the Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School, on the Nutrition staff.Learn More...