|2 servings||calories per servings 930||protein serving 100 g||carbs per serving 10 g||total fat per serving 52 g|
Tender beef in a rich sauce is perfect for a special celebration. Fresh orange juice added to the reduced beef stock gives it a festive twist.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||52 g|
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Please note the ribs have already been fully cooked, and the sauce in the bag is meant to be served with the meat.
• Place unopened bag in a pot large enough to hold it, and fill pot with water to cover the bag. Take the bag out, and place the pot over high heat.
• When the water begins to simmer, reduce heat to low, return the bag to the pot and simmer 30 minutes to warm throughout.
MISE EN PLACE
Zest oranges. Halve and juice oranges.
Finely chop green onions.
In a small bowl, combine zest, green onion and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
• Carefully remove bag from hot water, and discard water.
• Cut a small opening in one corner of the bag, and carefully pour sauce into empty pot.
• Add orange juice to the pot, and place over high heat.
• As soon as the sauce comes to a boil, remove from heat, and stir in butter.
• Cut beef into portions as desired.
Arrange short ribs and sauce on a platter. Top with zest mixture. Enjoy!
Patrick is the founder and head meat head at Heywood's Provision Company.Learn More...