|2 servings||calories per servings 460||protein serving 28 g||carbs per serving 49 g||total fat per serving 18 g|
Thick ribbons of pappardelle pasta are an elegant vehicle upon which wild-caught Gulf shrimp, fresh garlic, sautéed sweet peppers and a splash of heavy cream come together to form a rich symphony of flavors. Fresh chopped tomatoes marinated in capers, lemon juice, green onion and parsley for extra zing are folded in at the last minute to balance the creamy, savory flavors in the dish.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||49 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Fill a saucepan half full with about 6 cups water. Stir in 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and place over high heat. This is your pasta cooking water.
MISE EN PLACE
• Dice tomatoes.
• Chop green onion.
• Pick and chop parsley leaves.
• Juice lemon.
• Discard pepper stems and seeds. Thinly slice flesh.
• Peel and mince garlic.
• Discard shrimp tails.
• When water boils, add pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender but not mushy, 6-8 minutes.
• Reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
• Drain pasta.
In a bowl, combine tomato, green onion, capers, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
In a bowl, toss shrimp with garlic and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
• Place a sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add peppers. Cook, stirring, until peppers wilt, 4-5 minutes.
• Add shrimp. Cook, stirring, until shrimp is opaque throughout, 4-5 minutes.
• Stir in 1/4 cup cream (save remaining cream for another use).
• Toss in pasta and tomato mixture.
• Adjust consistency as desired with reserved cooking liquid. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
• Divide shrimp pappardelle between 2 plates or bowls.
• Garnish with parsley, and enjoy!
Named a Georgia Grown Executive Chef for 2017, Cynthia shares her passion for her home state and its bountiful produce and products with her audiences across many platforms. She and her husband, Cliff, who owns the Old New York Book Shop, regularly travel to Book Festivals and host book store owners as well as authors on a regular basis in their Atlanta home. They have a full bar always at the ready.Learn More...