|2 servings||calories per servings 410||protein serving 15 g||carbs per serving 47 g||total fat per serving 19 g|
A hearty vegan take on classic chicken tortilla soup. The savory broth is made with Southwestern flavors, including lime juice, chili and cumin. Blue corn chips provide a crunch between spoonfuls, while pepitas and chia seeds provide a nutritious boost to this warming bowl of soup.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||47 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|
MISE EN PLACE
• Peel and dice onion.
• Dice red pepper.
• Peel and mince garlic.
• Halve lime. Juice 1 half; thinly slice the other.
• Pick and roughly chop cilantro leaves.
• Drain and rinse beans.
Place a large saucepot over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons cooking oil. When oil is hot, add onion and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to become translucent, 3-4 minutes.
• Add garlic and spice blend. Cook, stirring, until very fragrant, about 2 minutes.
• Add tomato, beans, lime juice, bouillon cube, 3 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Increase heat to high.
• When soup boils, reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
• Remove soup from heat. Let cool 5 minutes.
• Fold in half of tortilla chips and chia seeds. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
• Divide soup between 2 bowls.
• Top with pepitas, cilantro and remaining tortilla chips.
• Serve with lime slices, and enjoy!
With a degree in Journalism from the University of South Carolina, Robert Lupo has worked in restaurant kitchens from his hometown of Columbia, SC, to Atlanta, GA, including Motor Supply Company, The Globe in Tech Square, Eclipse di Sol, Aria, Brick Store Pub, and Leon’s Full Service. In 2012, he founded the vegetarian Sherrywood Supper Club in Atlanta, where he lives with his wife. Lupo currently works for the Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School, on the Nutrition staff.Learn More...