|2 servings||calories per servings 543||protein serving 14 g||carbs per serving 83 g||total fat per serving 20 g|
Vibrant orange sweet potatoes bring rich flavor and color to this risotto, as well as a powerful punch of nutrients like potassium, fiber and beta-carotene. Nutty Parmesan and a sprinkle of nutmeg elegantly bring out the sweet flavor of the tender root vegetable, while a handful of greens balances the dish with a mellow earthiness.
|Nutrition Facts||/ Per Serving|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||83 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
• Place a saucepan over high heat. Add 4 cups water, bouillon and rosemary.
• When water boils, stir to dissolve bouillon. Keep warm over low heat.
MISE EN PLACE
• Peel and finely chop shallot.
• Peel sweet potato. Shred 2 cups on a grater.
• Remove greens stems, and finely chop. Roughly chop leaves.
• Place a deep sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add shallot and green stems. Cook, stirring, until shallot is translucent, about 2 minutes.
• Add rice and kosher salt. Cook, stirring, until rice smells nutty, about 2 minutes.
• Add sweet potato and greens leaves. Cook, stirring, until greens are just wilted, about 2 minutes.
• Remove rosemary sprig from broth.
• Reduce heat under rice to medium-low. Stir 1/4 cup broth into rice. Cook, stirring vigorously, until liquid is almost fully absorbed.
• Repeat this process until you’ve used all the broth and the rice is tender but still firm (“al dente”).
Tip: The dish should be a similar consistency to firm rice pudding. If it is too stiff or you’d prefer rice to be more tender, stir in a little warm water. If risotto is too thin, cook a little longer.
Stir in half of Parmesan, butter and nutmeg. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with kosher salt and black pepper.
• Divide risotto between 2 bowls.
• Top with remaining Parmesan, and enjoy!
With a degree in Journalism from the University of South Carolina, Robert Lupo has worked in restaurant kitchens from his hometown of Columbia, SC, to Atlanta, GA, including Motor Supply Company, The Globe in Tech Square, Eclipse di Sol, Aria, Brick Store Pub, and Leon’s Full Service. In 2012, he founded the vegetarian Sherrywood Supper Club in Atlanta, where he lives with his wife. Lupo currently works for the Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School, on the Nutrition staff.Learn More...