Ingredients: 1 each small cauliflower, cut into florets, 1 Teaspoon hot smoked paprika, 2 Teaspoons sweet smoked paprika, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, 2 Packs butter, 1 each small red onion, peeled, cut in half and thinly sliced, 3 each leeks, white and light green bottoms only, 2 each garlic cloves, minced to a paste, 1 ½ ounces blue cheese, crumbled, ¾ cup yellow stone-ground grits, ½ cup walnut pieces, toasted, 3 each sprigs Italian parsley, leaves removed and chopped roughly
1. Please read entire recipe card before beginning.
2. Preheat oven to 400° F.
3. Prepare the ingredients by: peeling and mincing the garlic; cutting the cauliflower; slicing the red onion and roughly chopping the parsley.
4. Cut leeks in half lengthwise, and wash under running water to remove any grit from between the layers. Cut into thin slices.
5. Place a medium size sauce pot over high heat. Add 3 ½ cups water, garlic and a pinch of salt. Bring the water to a boil and add the grits slowly while whisking the entire time. Turn the heat down to low and continue cooking and whisking, making sure that the grits are not sticking to the bottom of the pot. Cook grits for about 25-35 minutes, whisking every 5 minutes or so.
6. While grits are cooking, place the cauliflower, both paprikas, a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large mixing bowl and mix until cauliflower is coated Spread the cauliflower out on a baking pan or cookie sheet, cover with aluminum foil tightly and place in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and discard the aluminum foil. Add the onions and leeks to the pan and mix in with the cauliflower. Return pan to the oven and
cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Once the grits have cooked, remove from the heat and whisk in the crumbled blue cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Once the vegetables are cooked, remove from the oven and season them with salt and pepper.
8. Divide the grits into 2 bowls and top with the roasted vegetables, walnuts, parsley and remaining olive oil. Enjoy!