Ingredients: 12 ounces Brussels sprouts - quartered, 1 each gala apple - peeled, sliced into 1⁄4 inch slices, 6 cups kale - stems removed and roughly chopped, 2 ounces pecan pieces, Kosher salt to taste, Black pepper to taste, 1 Tablespoon Santa Salt - divided, 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard, 2 Teaspoons sherry vinegar, 1 Teaspoon Honey, 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil - divided, 1 6 inch demi-baguette - cut in half, 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter - room temperature, 3 ounces Thomasville Tomme cheese - shaved
1. Please read entire recipe card before beginning.
2. Preheat oven to 375̊. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, Santa Salt and half of the olive oil. Mix thoroughly to combine, place the Brussels sprouts on a large cookie tray or baking pan, place in the oven and set a timer for 15 minutes.
3. While the Brussels sprouts are cooking make the vinaigrette. Using the same medium mixing bowl, combine mustard, sherry vinegar, honey and a pinch of salt and pepper, whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil to the mustard mixture.
4. Next take the bread and spread the butter onto each half and cover both pieces of the bread with the cheese. When the timer goes off for the Brussels sprouts place the toast on another sheet pan and place in the oven. On a third sheet pan place the pecans in the oven also. Set the timer again for 10 minutes.
5. Place the kale, apples and a pinch of salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Once the timer goes off remove all the sheet pans from the oven. Add the Brussels sprouts, the vinaigrette and the nuts to the bowl, mix thoroughly to combine. Sprinkle the remaining Santa Salt onto the toast.
6. Divide the salad onto 2 plates and place the toast on the side. Enjoy!
Yield: 2 Servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER