Sautéed Trout with Apple Mostardo - 1 ounces water - hot*, 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 ounce sherry vinegar, 1 each lemon - zested and juiced, 1/4 cup dried currants, 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil - divided*, 2 teaspoon brown mustard seed, 1 each green apple - cut into medium dice, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt*, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 12 ounces fresh trout filet - skin on
Garlicky Collard Greens - 1 clove garlic - sliced thinly, 1 bunch collard greens, Kosher salt - to taste*, Black pepper - to taste*
*Ingredients not included in your PeachDish box.
1. Please read entire recipe card before beginning.
2. Combine the hot water, brown sugar, sherry vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and dried currants. Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
3. Heat a small sauce pot over medium heat, add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and mustard seeds. Bloom the seeds in the oil (heat slowly while stirring) until the seeds start to sizzle or pop.
4. Add the apples to the sauce pot, stir to combine with the oil and mustard seed, then add the currant mixture and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10-15minutes. Add Dijon mustard while still hot, and set aside.
5. Season fish with salt to taste. Wash collard greens in water, handling gently so as not to bruise them. Remove stems from collard greens and tear into 2 inch pieces, and set aside.
6. Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Continue to heat until the oil begins to lightly smoke. Without overcrowding, add the fish skin side down and cook without turning or moving until the fish is cooked most of the way through and well colored and crisp on the skin side. Flip, and cook briefly to finish and remove from pan.
7. Adjust heat to low-medium, add 1 tablespoons olive oil. Add garlic cook slightly, but do not brown. Add collard greens, and stir as collard greens wilt. Season with salt and pepper after greens have wilted.
8. Place a mound of greens in the center of your plate, and top with trout filet skin side up. Spoon mostardo over the trout. Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 2 servings
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER