We had a craving for a hearty, delicious bowl of chicken and dumplings. Of course our chef, Chef Seth Freedman, took this classic to a whole other level by adding fresh field peas, chunks of carrots, celery, green onions, and a delicious touch of sour cream.
Ingredients:Chicken and Dumplings - 2 1/2 cups water* or broth, 2 sprigs thyme, 2 cloves garlic, crushed, 3 each green onion, 1 medium carrot, 1 stalk celery, 1/2 cup field peas (shelled & raw, about 4oz), 1/2 cup + flour, all purpose, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt*, 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon water*, 10 leaves parsley, chopped, 8 ounces cooked chicken, 2 ounces sour cream, Kosher salt, to taste*, Black pepper, to taste*
*Ingredients not included in your PeachDish box.
1. Please read entire recipe card before beginning.
2. Add Black Curry salt to the ground meat and mix thoroughly. Divide into 12 equal portions, and press each into a flat round shape (a flattened meatball).
3. Place 1 3/4 cups of water into a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, add kosher salt, and stir in rice. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until water is fully absorbed. Cover and let stand about ten minutes.
4. While rice is cooking, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to lightly coat the pan. Add the meatballs and brown well on each side. Remove meatballs to a plate or rimmed container.
5. Add onions, and cook while stirring for 2 minutes. Add escarole and 1/4 cup of water. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and sweet curry spice, add in meatballs and any resting juices. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes. Adjust seasoning
6. Fluff butter into rice with a fork.
7. Divide rice in two bowls, ladle curried guinea meatballs over rice and top with diced
red pear. Enjoy!