Turkey Burgers - 16 ounces ground turkey, 1 teaspoon Magic Unicorn Sea Salt, 2 garlic cloves, minced, 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves picked and finely chopped, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil*, 2 tablespoons One Screw Loose Balsamic-Fig preserves, 2 each H&F buns, 3-4 lettuce leaves - torn to fit buns, 1 each tomato - sliced
*Ingredients not included in your PeachDish box.
1. Please take the time to read through the entire recipe card before beginning.
2. Preheat the oven to 350o F. While the oven is preheating, wash and trim the tips of the zucchini. Then cut each zucchini in half lengthwise, and cut each of those pieces into halves. Next, chop the parsley and oregano.
3. Prepare a baking sheet (with a baking rack if you have one) by rubbing a small amount of the oil over it. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the remaining olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper. Arrange, spaced evenly, on the baking sheet or rack, skin side down. Sprinkle the tops of each piece with the herbs and cheese. Bake until tender, about 15 minutes. You can also broil for an additional 2-3 minutes so the tops are a crisp golden brown.
4. While the zucchini is baking, prepare the turkey burgers. In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey, garlic, thyme and Magic Unicorn sea salt. Mix together gently, but thoroughly. Your hands are the best tools for this, but a mixing spoon or stiff spatula will also work. Divide the mixture in half, then halve again so there are four equally sized portions. Flatten the burgers into discs that are 4-5 inches wide, and slightly thicker around the edges.
5. Heat a large sauté pan, or a griddle, to medium-high heat. Add the oil. If the pan is heated well, the oil should be shimmery and wisping slight traces of smoke. Add the burgers to the pan by placing the bottom edge in the oil, and allowing the top edge to fall away from you. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown on the first side, and a bit of liquid has started to bubble through the top of the patties. Flip, and cook for 1-2 additional minutes, or until the second side is also golden-brown.
6. Pull the zucchini out of the oven, and plate alongside the turkey burgers. To assemble the burgers: spread a small amount of the preserves on the bottom of each bun, place one patty on each, and coat the first patty with the rest of the preserves. Place the second patty, then the lettuce, then the tomato, then the top bun. Serve and enjoy!