Ingredients: Pan Seared Flounder - 2 6-ounce skin flounder filets, Black pepper, to taste*, Salt, to taste*, 2 teaspoons olive oil*
Summer Squash and Orzo - 1/2 cup orzo, Kosher salt, to taste*, 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, 1 medium or 2 small summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick, 2 small shallots, sliced, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, Juice of 1/2 lemon, 6 to 8 leaves fresh basil leaves
*Ingredients not included in your PeachDish box.
1. Please take the time to read through the entire recipe card before beginning.
2. In a large saucepan set over high heat, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add the orzo pasta and a generous pinch of salt and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and transfer to a medium bowl.
3. In the meantime, rinse and pat dry the flounder and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Heat the butter in a large cast iron or non-stick skillet set over medium high heat just until melted. Add the squash and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the shallots and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until squash is just tender. Remove to the bowl with the orzo, toss to combine and keep warm.
5. Add the olive oil to the pan and heat until shimmering. Add the flounder and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the flounder over and continue to cook just until cooked through and opaque, about 1 minute.
6. Add the lemon zest, juice and basil leaves to the squash and orzo and toss to com- bine. Divide between two plates and top with the fish. Serve immediately.