Piccolo Farroto with Tomatoes and Green Bean Salad - 1/2 cup Piccolo Farro, 1 cup chicken broth or stock, 1/2 cup cherry or SunGold tomatoes, halved, 1/2 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt*, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper*, 2 tablespoons olive oil*
*Ingredients not included in your PeachDish box.
1. Please take the time to read through the entire recipe card before beginning.
2. Heat oven to 375o F. While the oven is preheating prepare the tomatoes and green beans for the farro salad.
3. Next in a small mixing bowl, combine the goat cheese, basil and garlic clove. Lay the cutlets on a flat surface and divide the goat cheese mixture between the chicken breasts. Using a small spatula or the back of a spoon, evenly spread the mixture to within 1/2-inch of the edge all around. Starting at that end, tightly roll up each cutlet to form a log.
4. Brush each chicken bundle on all sides with the olive oil. Place the panko breadcrumbs in a small pie pan or other flat dish and roll the chicken in the breadcrumbs to coat well. Place the chicken, seam side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet pan (parchment included).
5. Bake until just cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. If the breadcrumbs are not browned after 20 minutes, change heat setting to broil and continue to cook until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for 3 to 4 minutes before slicing on the bias and serving.
6. While the chicken is cooking prepare the farro salad. Rinse the farro under cold water, place in a saucepan with the chicken stock and set over medium heat. Bring to a boil, turn the heat down to a simmer, cover sauce pan, and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until the farro is tender.
7. In the meantime, place 2 quarts of water and a generous pinch of salt in a saucepan, place over high heat and bring to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 2 to 3 or until just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Transfer to a medium bowl and add the tomatoes, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil and toss to combine.
8. Once the farro is tender drain any remaining water and then add to beans and tomatoes. Toss to combine and serve immediately with chicken breasts stuffed with herbed goat cheese. Enjoy!
Yield: 2 servings
Preparation Time: Approximately 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes-1 hour
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER