Tomato Sauce - 3 tablespoons olive oil*, 1 clove garlic, minced, 16 ounces tomatoes, 1 sprig fresh oregano, Salt, to taste*, Pepper, to taste*, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, as needed
*Ingredients not included in your PeachDish box.
1. Please take the time to read through the entire recipe card before beginning.
2. Preheat your oven to 425o F. While your oven is preheating dice the tomatoes for the tomato sauce and set aside. Next prepare the ingredients for the chicken stuffed squash.
3. In a large bowl mix the cooked chicken and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then mix in the coriander, paprika, pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt. Next add 1/2 cup mozzarella, and 4 tablespoons panko bread crumbs, ricotta, and parsley. Stir thoroughly to combine. Check seasoning, and add salt if necessary.
4. Use the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to grease the bottom of a 9” x 13” baking dish. Then cut the squash into ‘boats’, by first cutting a very thin slice off of each side of the squash, then cut in half directly between those sliced edges. The first cuts will act to level the bottom of the boats. Use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds, and slightly hollow the boats. Place the squash into the oiled baking dish, and season with salt.
5. Fill the hollows of the squash with the chicken mixture. The boats should be heaping and full. Top with remaining cheese and bread crumbs. Bake for 10 minutes uncovered, then remove from oven. While the squash is cooking, make the tomato sauce.
6. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, and then add the minced garlic. Cook, stirring all the while, until aromatic and slightly translucent. Add diced tomatoes and fresh oregano. Continue to cook while stirring. Once tomatoes have released their liquid, season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust acidity with vinegar as desired.
7. After the squash has cooked for 10 minutes and the tomato sauce is ready, add tomato sauce to the bottom of the baking dish spreading evenly around the squash, and cover with foil. Cook for an additional 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 2 servings
Preparation Time: Approximately 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 20-40 minutes
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER