Gingered Green Beans - 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided*, 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, destemmed and chopped, 8 ounces green beans, tipped and cut into ~2 inch pieces (about 1 1/4 cup prepped), 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon ginger, minced, Salt, to taste*
*Ingredients not included in your PeachDish box.
1. Please take the time to read through the entire recipe card before beginning.
2. Combine chopped garlic, dark cane syrup, sesame oil, and Tamari in a large (ziplock) bag. Place steaks in the bag, coating thoroughly with the marinade, and allow to stand at room temperature for at least 10 minutes, and as long as an hour. While steaks are marinating prepare the mushrooms and green beans for the gingered green beans and set aside.
3. Arrange the top oven rack so that the steaks will be roughly 5” below the broiler, and preheat to broil. Remove steaks from the marinade, and arrange on a broiler pan, or a roasting pan (preferably with a rack). For rare to medium rare: cook for 3-4 minutes, turn over, and cook for 3-4 minutes more. Remove streaks from oven, and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
4. While the steaks are cooling, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and heat until shimmery. Add mushrooms in an even layer, spread across the pan. Cook to lightly brown the mushrooms, for 2-3 minutes, without shaking or stirring the pan. Once the first side is browned, stir thoroughly, and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes more. Remove mushrooms from the pan into a bowl, and set aside.
5. Add the green beans, then sesame oil and ginger to the pan. Cook, stirring all-the-while for 3-5 minutes. Return mushrooms to the pan, adjust seasoning and then plate.
6. Cut steaks against the grain into 1/4” thick slices. Serve steaks with a side of the gingered green beans, and enjoy!
Yield: 2 servings
Preparation Time: Approximately 10 minutes - 1 hour