Ingredients: Potato and Filet Bean Roast - 12 ounces new potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, 2 teaspoons olive oil*, kosher salt, to taste, 4 ounces filet beans, trimmed, 2 scallions, chopped, 1 clove garlic, sliced, 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
Watercress Salad with Basil Vinaigrette - 1 cup packed, fresh basil leaves, 1 garlic clove - peeled, generous pinch kosher salt, black pepper, to taste*, 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more if needed*, 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar, 3 cups watercress - rinsed and torn into bite size pieces
Pecan Crusted Trout - 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper*, 1 tablespoon cold, unsalted butter cut into small pieces, 2 (4-6 ounce) trout filets
*Ingredients not included in your PeachDish box.
1. Begin with the new potato and filet bean skillet roast: Preheat oven to 425° F. Place the potatoes and olive oil in a 10-inch oven safe skillet (preferably cast iron), season with salt and toss to combine. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, tossing once or twice.
2. While the potatoes roast prepare watercress salad with basil vinaigrette: Rinse and tear watercress into bite size pieces. Place the watercress in a medium mixing bowl and set aside. Next put 1 cup packed basil leaves, 1 peeled garlic clove, salt, pepper, 1/4 cup olive oil and 2 tablespoons of Champagne vinegar in a small food processor or blender and process until pureed. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons more olive oil if desired after tasting. Pour vinaigrette into an airtight container and set aside. (Extra vinaigrette may be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Remove from the refrigerator 20 to 30 minutes prior to using so the olive oil is not solidified.)
3. After 20 minutes, add the filet beans to the skillet roast and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Add the chopped scallions and 1 clove sliced garlic and toss to combine. Return to the oven and cook another 5-10 minutes or until potatoes and beans are tender, and scallions are just cooked through. Remove from the oven, add 1 teaspoon chopped dill and additional salt, if desired, and toss to combine. Cool slightly and serve warm in the skillet.
4. While skillet is cooling, preheat oven to 400o F. Place the pecans, panko, dill, salt and pepper into a small bowl and stir to combine. Add the butter and combine using your fingers or the tines of a fork. Mix until the butter is well incorporated and the mixture is crumbly. Place the filets on a parchment lined baking sheet (parchment included). Sprinkle the pecan mixture onto the filets and press down to cover. Bake for 10 minutes or until the fish appears opaque. Turn the heat to broil and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes or just until the crust is golden brown.
5. Serve trout immediately on warmed plates with new potato and filet bean skillet, along with a side of watercress salad freshly dressed with basil vinaigrette. Enjoy!