Ingredients:Summer Corn Salad - 2 ears corn, husk & silk removed, 1 small (6 ounce) cucumber - cut into 1/4-inch dice, 1 small (4 ounce) heirloom tomato, 1/4-inch dice, 2 ounces feta cheese, drained and crumbled, 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, 6 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil*, kosher salt, to taste
Chimichurri - 3/4 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves, 2 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped, 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper*, Pinch red pepper flakes, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil*
Flank Steak - 1 lb flank steak, trimmed and at room temperature, 1 tablespoon olive oil*, kosher salt, pepper*
Roasted Scallions - 8 scallions, 2 teaspoons olive oil*, kosher salt, to taste, pepper, to taste*
*Ingredients not included in your PeachDish box.
1. Begin with the summer corn salad: place 4 cups of water in a 4-quart saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the ears of corn and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Remove the ears of corn from the water and lay aside to cool slightly.
2. While the corn is cooling make the chimichurri. Place 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon oregano, 2 coarsely chopped garlic cloves, 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, pinch of red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons vinegar into the bowl of a small food processor/blender and process until finely chopped, about 1 minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. With the processor running, add 1/4 cup olive oil in a steady stream. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse 2 to 3 times to combine. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use. (Chimichurri can be made up to 1 day ahead.)
3. Once the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cob into a medium mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, cucumber, tomato, feta, lemon juice and basil to the corn and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. May be served immediately, at room temperature or refrigerated up to 2 hours before serving.
4. For the flank steak: Preheat the oven to the broil setting and place a rack 4 to 5 inches from the broiler element. (If you have access to a grill, you may follow the same cooking times and use a grill on medium-high heat.) Brush flank steak with oil and season with salt and pepper and place on a heavy duty baking sheet. Broil 4-6 minutes per side for medium rare, checking every 2 minutes for doneness. Remove the steak to a plate, cover with aluminum foil and rest for 10 minutes.
5. While the flank steak is resting for 10 minutes prepare and roast the scallions. Preheat oven to 400° F. Thoroughly wash the scallions. Trim the root ends, but leave intact so the scallion will not fall apart during roasting. Lay the scallions in a single layer on a heavy duty baking sheet, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, turn and continue cooking until scallions appear slightly wilted and just beginning to brown. Remove scallions to a plate.
6. Slice the steak against the grain and on the diagonal into very thin slices. Serve flank steak with chimichurri sauce a side of summer corn salad and roasted scallions. Enjoy!