Carolina Gold Rice - 3/4 cup Carolina Gold Rice, 3/4 cups water*, 1/2 teaspoon salt*. 1 1/5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Peach & Cucumber Salad - 1 cup cucumbers, thinly sliced, 1/3 cup sweet onions, thinly sliced, 3/4 cup peaches, thinly sliced, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, 5-7 fresh basil leaves, chopped, salt & pepper to taste*
*Ingredients not included in your PeachDish box.
1. The rice requires 1 hour of soaking before cooking. Start the soaking process and then prepare the rest of the ingredients for your dish during this time. 30 minutes into the soaking time, prepare the chicken and put in the oven, then prepare the cucumber peach salad.
2. While rice is soaking preheat oven to 425°F. In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, honey, oregano, cumin, coriander and paprika. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place, skin side down, in the bowl and allow to sit, at room temperature for 20 minutes. (the chicken may soak up to 4 hours but you must return bowl to the refrigerator if soaking for more than 20 minutes)
3. In a fine mesh strainer, rinse the Carolina Gold rice under cold running water. Set the strainer over a bowl and allow the rice to drain for 5 minutes. Transfer the rice to a medium saucepan and add the 3/4 cup water. Swirl the pot and allow the rice to settle into an even layer. Cover and let the rice soak for 1 hour. After soaking, stir in the salt, allow the rice to settle into an even layer and scatter the butter over the surface. Cover the pot, set over medium-high heat and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook without disturbing for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the rice steam, covered for 10 minutes. Fluff the grains with a fork before serving.
4. Place the chicken, skin side up, in a small baking dish and place in the oven, cooking for 15 minutes. Turn the pan and baste the chicken with the pan juices returning to the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
5. While chicken is cooking thinly slice cucumber, sweet onion, peaches, and chop basil. Place cucumber slices in a medium-sized bowl and sprinkle lightly with salt. Allow to stand for at least 10 minutes then drain the resulting liquid. Add the onions, peaches, vinegar, sugar and basil and toss together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Plate and serve spiced lemon chicken with Carolina Gold rice and a side of cucumber peach salad. Enjoy!
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER