Ingredients:Black Bean and Corn Salsa - 1 cup corn kernels, 3/4 cups black beans, 1/2 cup diced tomato, 1 green onion, sliced finely, 1 teaspoon Sriracha, 1 teaspoon cumin, 2 Tablespoons lime juice, 2 Tablespoons olive oil*, salt & pepper*
Smoked Salmon Quesadillas - 3 ounces smoked salmon - diced, 4 flour tortillas, 6 inch, 2 Tablespoons butter, 1 green onion, sliced finely, 1/4 cup cream cheese, 1/4 cup sharp cheddar - shredded, 2 Tablespoons roasted red pepper - diced
Chipotle Crema - 1/3 cup crema Mexicana, 2 Tablespoons chipotle in adobo - minced finely, 2 Tablespoons lime juice, salt*
*Ingredients not included in your PeachDish box.
1. Dice 1/2 cup of tomatoes, finely slice 1 green onion, and juice 2 Tablespoons of lime juice. In a large bowl add corn kernels, black beans, tomato, green onion, Sriracha, cumin, lime juice, and olive oil. Stir all ingredients until throughly combined. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Finely chop 2 Tablespoons of chipotle and juice 2 Tablespoons of lime juice. In a medium-sized bowl combine crema, chipotle, lime juice, a pinch of salt, and mix well to combine then set aside.
3. Dice smoked salmon and roasted red pepper, finely slice 1 green onion, shred 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese and measure 1/4 cup cream cheese. Heat a griddle or saute pan over medium heat. Evenly distribute smoked salmon, green onion, roasted red pepper, sharp cheddar cheese, and cream cheese over two of the tortillas without going all the way to the edge.
4. Add 1 Tablespoon of butter to the hot pan (or griddle, if you have one). Once the butter is melted and bubbling, place the two loaded tortillas in the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until tortilla is starting to brown on the edges. Remove from pan and top each cooked tortilla with another tortilla, making the quesadilla. Add 1 Tablespoon of butter. Once butter is melted and bubbling, return quesadillas to pan with the uncooked tortilla on the bottom. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until edges brown and cheese looks melted in between the quesadillas. Remove from pan, and allow to cool slightly before cutting into 4 wedges.
5. Serve smoked salmon quesadillas with a side of chipotle crema, and a hearty helping of black bean and corn salsa. Enjoy!