Ingredients: 8 oz Ground Beef, 1 small head of Lettuce, 1 Tsp Ginger, 5 cloves Garlic, 2 Green Onions, 2Tbsp Nuts, small bunch Cilantro, small bunch Basil, 1 oz Sweet Chili Sauce, 1 oz Soy Sauce, 1/2 Cup Rice (dried), 8 oz Baby Broccoli, 1/3 Cup Orange Juice, 1 Shallot, 1 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1. Rinse and drain rice. Bring 1 cup of salted water to a boil in a small sauce pan. When the water comes to a boil, stir in rice, bring water to a simmer and heat down to low. Cover pot and do not remove the lid while cooking, about 18-25 minutes. Rice will be done when there is little to no water left in pan. Remove from heat, fluff and set aside.
2. While rice is cooking, wash lettuce, mince garlic cloves, 1 tsp ginger, chop green onions (keeping green and white ends seperate), thinly slice shallots and chop nuts (if using.)
3. Combine orange juice, 1 tsp minced garlic, shallot, and balsamic in a small sauce pan. Place over a medium heat. Remove from heat once the juice’s volume has been reduced by half.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the broccoli in the boiling water until just tender, depending on the thickness and size of the baby broccoli this can take anywhere from 2(pencil-thick stems)-8 minutes(thumb-thick stems). Drain well, and transfer to a serving bowl. Toss with the sauce and set aside.
5. Heat a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat. If using extra lean ground beef, add a small amount of oil to the pan. Break up the ground beef, and spread evenly in the pan in a single layer (If your pan is too small for all of the beef to fit in a single layer, then cook in batches). Do NOT stir, allow the beef to brown. Once browned, turn and stir, and create an empty space in the center of the pan.
6. Add ginger, 1 Tbsp minced garlic, and green onions (whites only) to the empty space in your pan. Allow to cook slightly, and then mix together with the ground beef. Add salt to taste. Continue cooking and stirring, until beef is fully cooked. Add chopped onion greens, nuts, and any other desired optional ingredients. Remove from heat, and season to taste.
7. Spoon mixture evenly among lettuce leaves and drizzle with sweet chili sauce, serve with a side of rice topped with soy sauce and a side of orange broccoli. Enjoy!